American Union of NLP
Basic Public Speaking Certification Course
Your Legal Agreement with Us
- Tax deductions available
- Treasury regulation 1.1625 permits an income tax deduction for educational expenses-including registration fees, tuition, travel, meals, and lodging-for courses taken to improve or maintain skills required in employment or business.
BEFORE REGISTERING FOR THIS PROGRAM PLEASE REVIEW THE USER AGREEMENT HERE (http://www.aunlp.org/certification_document.htm). By completing your purchase, you agree that you have read this document and agree to be bound by its terms. If you do not agree to the terms of this document, DO NOT complete your purchase.
ONLINE Basic Public Speaking Certification Course
- Don't be misled by other programs padded out to 300 hours - this industry is self-regulating and the schools are ultimately businesses
- Steve G. Jones strips out all the unnecessary time wasting & just presents to you all the information you need to practice safely, successfully and professionally
- By completing this course, you will also have lifetime support from Steve G. Jones and the American Union of NLP
During this course, Dr. Steve will reveal many of the exact same techniques master public speakers use to build massive followings of motivated supporters.
At the end of the course, your ability as a public speaker will be tested with a multiple choice exam and 5 minute recorded speech component you'll submit for Dr. Steve for review. After your Basic Certification is complete, you'll receive certification from the AUNLP as a Certified Basic Public Speaker.
- 100% Online And Self-Guided
- You may start anytime.
- Student Cost:
- Registration deadline:
- None. Register anytime.
- Cancellation policy:
- Unconditional 60-Day Money Back Guarantee.
- Dr. Steve G. Jones
- Board of Directors Member: American Lung Association (LA Chapter)
- Member: American Board of Hypnotherapy
- Member: National Guild of Hypnotists
- Associate Member: APA (American psychological association, member number 29263998)
- Founder: American Alliance of Hypnotists
- Founder: American Union of NLP
- Ed.D. (Doctor of Education), GSU (Georgia Southern University), Statesboro, GA., 2011
- Ed.S. (Educational Specialist), GSU (Georgia Southern University), Statesboro, GA., 2009
- M.Ed. (Master of Education), specialty: Adult Education, Armstrong Atlantic and State University, Savannah, GA., 2007
- B.S. (Bachelor of Science), Psychology, specialty: Cognitive Psychology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL., 1994
Frequently Asked Questions
This course IS for everyone. Even if you are a layman with no public speaking background, or don't want to be a professional Public Speaker, you should still take this course. With this certification, you’ll be able to confidently influence a crowd of any size. It doesn’t matter if you’re a CEO who has to present to a boardroom-sized audience, a career public speaker addressing arena-sized audiences, or even on a career-track that requires taking your presentation ability to the next level…
BASIC PUBLIC SPEAKER Certification faqs:
- Q: Will I be properly trained if all I take is your online Basic Public Speaking Certification program?
- A: Ideally a Public Speaker would be trained in a classroom setting with an instructor physically present. Unfortunately, this luxury is not practical for many people. When we factor in airfare, hotel, time away from work and family, etc. the costs both monetary and otherwise quickly add up. For this reason, many institutions have turned to online training as a viable alternative to meeting modern day needs. In fact, Columbia, Harvard, and Cornell have extensive online programs. Also, Penn, Dartmouth, and Yale offer online classes. Steve G. Jones, while working on his doctorate in education, extensively studied the online programs offered by Ivy League schools. He then was able to model the public speaking training program to offer a similar level of training. Additionally, in this course, you are encouraged to find a study partner and to practice your techniques on a number of people.
- Q: What do I get certified as?
- A: Certified Basic Public Speaker
- Q: What Do I get When I Buy the Basic Holistic Marketer Certification Course?
- A: 5 Instructional Videos, 5 Complete Guidebooks, and a Professional Certification Exam Are Included.
- Q: How long does the course take to finish?
- A: It takes about 2-3 weeks if you move quickly by studying the material on a daily basis.
- Q: How do I take the test?
- A: The test is included in the course materials and you simply complete the test after all other modules to get your certification.
- Q: What do I need to do to get my Certification?
- A: You must pass the test that is included at the end of the certification course with a score of 75% or better. If you fail you have a max of 3 times to pass. If you don't pass all three times, you will be charged a $25 fee for another 3 chances and so on.
- Q: How Long Does it take to get my Certifications?
- A: Allow Dr. Steve one week to review your essay. You will receive it automatically once you have passed the essay. You will receive it in an email from MyCertificates.org.
- Q: Will I speak to a real person during the course?
- A: Most people do not feel the need to speak directly with Steve. He is available by email. And he is available via phone for special circumstances.
- Q: Will I have my own schedule?
- A: Yes, this course is self-study and you can create your own hours.
- Q: Which organizations stand behind this certification?
- A: This certification is granted by the coaching position of the American Union of Neurolinguistic Programming (AUNLP.org). Since the AUNLP® is a highly respected organization in both NLP, coaching, and marketing, this is the only organization that stands behind the certification.
- Q: Is this an officially recognized certification?
- A: Yes. This certification is backed by the American Union of Neurolinguistic Programming. This worldwide certifying organization has trained thousands of graduates in NLP and Life Coaching. Globally recognized as the world leader in quality, NLP and coaching training, the AUNLP® grants, to successful graduates, various NLP and coaching certifications, since these
programs were designed by Steve G. Jones.
- Q: What is the price?
- A: The normal price of this program is $2,997.
Questions about the Certificate:
- Q: Will I receive a certificate?
- A: Upon completion of this program, you will receive a beautiful certificate sent via email, which you can print out and proudly display for your clients to see. It will have your name, title (Certified Basic Public Speaker), and your certification number.
- Q: What will the certificate look like? Is there a sample?
- A: Click here for the sample of the certificate.
- Q: How long does it take to get my certificate?
- A: You will receive it automatically once you have passed the exam. You will receive it in an email from MyCertificates.org.
Questions about Steve
- Q: Who actually teaches the program?
- A: The program is taught online by Steve G. Jones
- Q: What are Steve G. Jones's qualifications as instructors?
A: Steve G. Jones has over 20 years experience as a certified clinical hypnotist, both teaching hypnosis students and working with clients. His list of former clients includes: Danny Bonaduce, Jeraldine Saunders (creator of the Love Boat TV series), Tom Mankiewicz (writer of Superman the movie), and many other celebrities. Steve has served on the board of directors of the American Lung Association in Los Angeles, California. He is a member of the National Guild of Hypnotists, National Board of Certified Clinical Hypnotists, founder of the American Alliance of Hypnotists, member of the International Registry of Clinical Hypnotists, has presented his hypnosis research at the American Council of Hypnotists Examiners, received the President's appreciation award for his outstanding contributions to the American Association for Adult and Continuing Education, is a member of the American Board of Hypnosis, member of Who's Who among Students in American Universities and Colleges, member of Pi Lambda Theta International Honor Society and Professional Association in Education, member of Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society, member of the Golden Key Honor Society, recipient of the National Leadership Award from the United States National Congressional Committee, received a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Florida, received a master's degree in education from Armstrong Atlantic and State University, received the educational specialist degree from Georgia Southern University, and is currently a doctoral candidate in education at Georgia Southern University. Steve has recently been featured on TruTV, CNN, and is under a development contract for his new television series on hypnosis.
- Q: What is the minimum age requirement to be enrolled in your course?
- A: 18.
- Q: Does the American Union of NLP help its trainees by promoting them online?
- A: Yes. You will be listed on the International online list of Certified Basic Public Speakers.
- Q: I am a layman with no Business or Speaking background. Will this program actually take me from the ground floor up and teach me everything I need?
- A: Yes. This program is extremely thorough and it will teach you everything you need to know to be a certified Basic Public Speaker.
Upon registering, the entire program will be sent to you via e-mail. You can work at your own pace. You will perform the practical homework and e-mail back the entire program when completed for grading.
During your training, you will be able to ask any questions by e-mail.
This training curriculum will include 5 Study Guidebooks, 5 Video Learning Modules
- Steve’s 4P Equation for public speaking presentation. It’s more than just research-backed persuasion science, this real-world proven formula will allow you to walk on to any stage and keep your audience begging to hear your next word…
- 5 reasons you’re afraid to speak in public, how to identify them, why you’ve never thought of them before, and precisely how you can use the power of your mind to overcome them, stand up in front of any audience, and impress with ease and confidence…
- One 6-step fear elimination straight from Dr. Steve’s private practice. You’re about to have the exact same “mind reprograming” fear reduction strategy once only available in $15,000 per hour sessions…
- Relaxation techniques, body language queues, and 5 assurance increasing techniques to taking the microphone without trepidation. You’ll practice these 5 techniques and be rewarded for your time the very first time you put them into action…
- 3 ways to get to know your audience you’ve never thought of before, one “Keep It Super Simple” strategy, 7 “easy listening” writing and presentation tips, and how to manage gratitude, humor, and more to maximize effectiveness and engagement…
- 19+ Practice and preparation strategies you can start putting into action today. Take just one of these techniques (one of the most powerful is called “positive affirmation” and it’s explained on page 20), put it into action, and speak in public like a pro.
- And more!
Take All the Work Out of Choosing Your Words Wisely as You Discover…
- 6 ways to organize a speech or presentation and a simple, fast and easy 4-step process that turns 3 days of work into a simple 3-hour task. Using the included techniques, your speech writing will improve even as you spend less time writing…
- 8 tools and tips you can use to help optimize word choice. Instead of struggling to come up with the right word, idea, or expression to engage with a presentation everyone can understand, use these tools and choose the right words quickly and easily…
- The one mistake almost every inexperienced speech writer makes. Hint: It has to do with the way you’re using the thesaurus. We’ll explain the “wise way” to use a thesaurus to enhance word meaning and engagement…
- Humor VS. Telling Jokes – Do you know the difference? Eventually you will need to use humor in your speech. If you don’t follow the 12 “humor commandments” Dr. Steve has set up in this certification course, you’re likely to “just tell jokes”…and just telling jokes rarely engages your audience…
- 8 ways to use your voice, 9 facial expression techniques, 5 body language tips, and the resources you need to keep them all straight, remember them, and get them right without being overwhelmed or anxious about what might go wrong…
- And you’ll get an inside look at 24+ different ways to engage your audience through the 5 senses. Beyond your voice and body language, there are dozens of sensory ways to capture attention and keep it. You’re about to learn them all!
- And so much more!
You’ll Be Able to Structure ANY Presentation for Success with These Tips, Tools, and Techniques…
- How to take your audience’s sensory experience one step further and enhance speech effectiveness and attention span with visual aids. You’ll learn an 8-step visual aid integration approach while understanding the 5 common mistakes to avoid…
- Ways to structure your content including: 3 “opening line” techniques that turn a blank piece of paper into a magnet for your otherwise hard to express thoughts, 3 “must include in the middle” ideas you can’t miss, and 5 ways to create a conclusion that leaves a strong impression with your audience…
- Verbal VS. Written Communication – The can’t miss differences you need to understand before you stand up in front of any audience and speak. Just one tip in this section will help you harness the true power of oral communication: Getting attention…
- What to do with your eyes, hands, and posture, how to use the “NODS formula” for body language success, and dozens of ways to use your voice effectively and match your speech, voice, and appearance to your presentation…
- And much, much more in the guide to content, body language, and voice proven to turn absolutely anyone into a master of public presentation.
Make “The Art of Storytelling” Second Nature and Capture More Attention as You Learn…
- Why the right kind of storytelling is attention grabbing magic, deeply rooted in your audience’s emotions and how you can take any one of the dozens of storytelling techniques you’ll discover and tap into their automatic desire to hear a story…
- 7 basic storytelling plots, why they work, and when to use them. Believe it or not, these 7 plots are found everywhere…not just in successful books, movies, and TV shows people love to binge watch, but in the presentations you’ll write and perform…
- 3 “choosing the right story methods,” 4 ways to tweak classic story form, and the tips you need to tap into your audience’s subconscious without them ever suspecting that you’ve used an age-old storytelling trick to capture and keep their attention…
- Meditation, visualization, and relaxation strategies made to melt away stress, tension, and anxiety. Studies show the dozens of relaxation techniques you’re about to learn are actually more effective than the strongest anxiety medications…
- One method you can use to make everyone feel like you’re talking directly to them (do this and you’ll have the undivided attention of everyone in the room—they’ll be afraid to look away)…
- And much more as book 4 concludes with a near complete guide to basic and intermediate eye-contact tools and techniques you can use to make every moment, word, and idea in your presentation or speech count!
Turn On the Emotions of Your Audience and Deliver a Speech with Confidence After You’ve Discovered…
- Logic VS. Emotion – The vital reason you should understand the difference and how the important distinction between the two drastically impacts the way you use one, the other, or both in a speech or presentation…
- 4 ways to evoke emotions nearly instantaneously, just by sifting small elements of your presentation few people think about, but you need to commit to memory. Once you evoke emotion within your audience, they won’t even be able to willfully distract themselves…
- Staying “ahead of the game,” final thoughts, and how to appropriately handle questions and answers. Even if there’s no scheduled Q&A, you should read this section to be prepared. You can lose everything gained with a poor post-speech performance…
- Concluding a speech: The right way and the wrong Learn dozens of strategies you can use to begin a conclusion and keep from disappointing your audience. PLUS—you’ll learn one technique you can use to modify your conclusion based on audience response…
- And complete review of the entire course so you can prepare for your AUNLP certification exam. Once you’ve passed with a 75% correct score on the multiple choice test included with this course, you will submit a 5-minute video speech for Dr. Steve to review. Upon passing, you will be certified by the AUNLP.
- “Since I decided to take your course and pursue this path, things have truly opened up for me. I found an office that is in a great location that works perfectly with my business plan for a hypnotherapy clinic. I will be in practice within one month :)
Thanks for the inspiration.”
- “I can see why Steve G. Jones is the leader in his field. He has a tremendous wealth of knowledge which he shares in a very straightforward manner. Oh, and did I mention, it's nice making over $100/hour while helping people, too!"
J.T. Manchester, New Hampshire“I attended one of Steve's classes in the 80's and thought he was great then...now he's purely brilliant!!"
E.G. Kent, England
- "It is a great honor for me to write a few words for Steve G. Jones, who has had tremendous sucessess in the art and science of both hypnotherapy and NLP. He is not only the founder of an American Union of NLP, but also an expert NLP trainer. He has a Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Master's degree in education, an NLP trainer certification, a hypnotherapy certification, and is now completing his doctorate in education. Therefore, he knows how to properly train students. I have taken both the practitioner and master practitioner NLP courses and found the information not only very useful in my life, but also very helpful in treating my patients."
Dr. Syed Imran Rasheed, MD
- "Thanks to Steve G. Jones, I am able to move forward in learning and helping other people. The NLP course made the concepts and the language easy to understand and encouraged further study. Thank you for this opportunity to further my career and my LIFE! You are known around the globe. My Associate in the U.K. put me in touch with your program. Again MANY THANKS!"
Angie Crompton, RN
- "Let me tell you that I am enjoying your course on NLP. I have had a strong interest in hypnosis and always wanted to learn more about nlp as I know nlp can and has been used in hypnosis with great results. Thank you."
- "If you want to make a positive change in your life, Steve G. Jones can make the difference. He did with me."
Tom Mankiewicz, Writer of "Superman the Movie"
- "Steve G. Jones exhibited great insight and sensitivity during our time together. I would recommend his services to anyone seeking aid with the elimination of unwanted habits."
Bernard Fitch, Metropolitan Opera Tenor
- "I can see why Steve G. Jones is the leader in his field. He has a tremendous wealth of knowledge which he shares in a very straightforward manner. Oh, and did I mention, it's nice making over $100/hour while helping people, too!"
J.T., Manchester, New Hampshire
- "I attended one of Steve's classes in the 80's and thought he was great then...now he's purely brilliant!!"
E.G. Kent, England
- "In addition to the incredible NLP course Steve has put together the level of support I received was top-notch. Steve and his staff were always right there when I had a question or needed a helping hand. I would recommend that anyone who wishes to learn these valuable skills look no further than Steve G Jones. He is the real deal."
Frank Emanuel, Atlanta, GA